Happy New Year!
I know that I haven’t updated lately. I’ve been pre-occupied with the RPG Maker VX Ace software. It’s really fun but also time consuming. I’ve been following along with tutorials on youtube and I’m getting pretty good at using it now.
I made a video for youtube using ezvid so you guys can see what I’ve made so far. This is the first video I’ve made, so if the audio sounds off, that’s why.
I might need to get a microphone or speak louder with the next video I make. Anyway, I’m happy with it so far.
In the past few months I have learned how to:
- import tiles
- make door graphics that open and close
- change size and shape of the map
- create a cut scene: use the “move route” command, scroll the map, change the speed, add sound effects, add dialogue
- make an opening scene with a “blank” character. The player can choose male or female, choose the character’s name and class (soldier, spellsword, healer, etc).
- make a game clock that can be set to real time or to a faster “in-game” time.
- enemies: how to put visible enemies on the screen as opposed to invisible random battle encounters; how to edit and playtest enemy graphics and stats in the database
- create savepoints (not shown in this video – I decided against using it)
- make events that have multiple pages with different commands that depend upon different conditions. For example, the mother and father sprite say different things on Day 1 and Day 2.
I have a second game in the works that uses my own storyline. When it is closer to being finished, I’ll post some screenshots. For now I am focused on finishing up this first game. Whenever it’s finished, I’ll post a link here for free download for anyone who wants to play it.
Thanks for stopping by today!