I have decided to take part in NaBloPoMo 2015 – National Blog Posting Month.
Being a perfectionist, it may be hard for me to post every day for 30 days. There will be days when I won’t have the time or the motivation to post things exactly how I want, which will suck. However, this challenge may be just what I need. I really need to have my butt kicked into working on my personal projects. When I work on a project, it makes me want to blog about it, and if I need to blog, it makes me want to work on something so I have something to post about.
Here is my general strategy
- Stick to a schedule. I’m a total night owl, so I’ll write my posts around midnight. Today is the exception. I need to post before midnight to get in today’s post. I’ll come back around midnight to write tomorrow’s post.
- Disconnect my blog from facebook so I’m not flooding everyone’s newsfeeds with daily blog posts.
- Draw pictures and save them for my “I don’t know what to talk about” days
- Check out the wordpress writing prompts
- If possible, write a post or two in advance and save as drafts
Projects I plan to work on and post about
- That RPG game that I keep meaning to finish
- Teaching myself food photography
- Finish my sewing projects that I don’t even like doing so I can put the machine away and FORGET all about it for a while.
- Home DIY projects
- Maybe perhaps some more poetry and/or attempts at creative writing
- Whatever else I feel like
I’m excited to see how the next 30 days pan out. I’ve attempted NaNoWriMo (national novel writing month) in the past and failed miserably, but this seems much more doable.
Who else has joined the challenge?